Tuesday 25 June 2013

Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation Review

Behold, the highly covetted, and much hyped foundation: Covergirl 3-in-1 Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation




Foundation comparisons (L to R): Covergirl Outlast Stay fabulous foundation (Golden Tan), MAC Matchmaster Foundation (5.0), Mac Prolongwear Foundation (NC 40)





F.O.T.D:

Face:
Eyes
Lips


So that is what the foundation looked like on initial application. If you watched my review on it, then you would know what I think about this foundation however I'll do a recap for those who havent:

PROs:

+ cheap cheap cheap! At $20 RRP, this is a steal! Compared to the much dearer price of $39 for the Revlon, this literally craps all over revlon for the great quality at such a low price point!
+ Matte (currently a plus for me as my skin has been horrendous - however I feel like its almost a rarity to come across a nice oil-controlling matte foundation at the drugstore!)
+ Amazing blendibility. It's a much much thinner consistency than the revlon colorstay so I feel like for beginners, this will work to your advantage as it would make it easier to blend out and therefore reduce cake-yness!
+ Pump. nuff said.
+ Good colour selection (available overseas...)
+ Decent longevity. I believe the selling point of this is as a "longwearing" foundation formulation (hence outlast, stay fabulous) and it does do a decent job at staying in place and not disappearing. Mind you in the video I did say I noticed some oilyness happening, but when I actually touched my face i couldnt actually feel any oil! So whether that was just my highlighter, I dont know! But I think the longevity is good as a drugstore longwear formulation, however it certainly does not exceed other higher end brands.

CONs:

- Poor colour selection (in Australia...)
- Can be overly drying for normal/dry skin girls!
- I've heard it oxidises (nothing too drastic that I've noticed though)
- Ridiculously hyped up - but it's not like I can blame that on the foundation right?

Literally I'm racking my brains out trying to find cons for this foundation and I cant find any! It's really quite a good great foundation especially for being only $15 AUD from the drugstore! Well done Covergirl for keeping costs low, unlike a certain other braind *coughrevloncough*

Foundation after 8 hours (as if you didnt already have enough pics of my face right? LOL)


I swear to you, it looks sooo oily here but barely any oil transferred! It was crazy weird!



So thats it, no more pictures I swear!! haha. Hope you guys enjoyed that, and if you havent seen the video yet please do check it out. I show you how I put the foundation on and my first impressions!

Photobucket

9 comments :

  1. i watched the video for this and i was like ah! i want this foundation now:) but it doesnt sell it in the UK well i cant find it:( love your blog

    wheresheen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your very detailed review of the makeup product. by the way your smoky eye look is so beautiful!! <3

    Check out my new grungy outfit featuring Suck Is Free! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the review on the covergirl 3 in 1 foundation here june! I must say I agree i wished they had more colours here! never used covergirl thought since i hear a lot of people saying its not that great but i might give it a go after your review! love all your videos big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am happy to read your blog that provide us nice information


    Work from Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so beautiful!!!Your blog is lovely!!!! xx

    Gleaming Spire * Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post! Thanks for sharing!

    Please visit my blog
    http://alexiatheo.blogspot.com/

    Thanks
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post. The coverage looks so pretty and glowy. The shine isn't too bad after 8 hours.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review! How much does it cost?

    ~Pauline @ Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the review. I was considering it till you said overly drying...yikes for us Canadians in dry winters. Do you have any more "natural" foundations you would recommend. I am not a huge fan of brands like covergirl, revlon, etc. since they have quite a few chemicals in there products. I was considering mineralissima (http://www.mineralissima.com/) but would be nice to hear any recommendations you might have? TIA :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
UA-40550168-1